Yakuza Kiwami (2016 Video Game)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 20 items
Sex & Nudity
- The player can optionally visit and romance hostesses in clubs and bring them out on dates.
- Live-action videos can eventually be unlocked that depict female characters dressed in lingerie or bikinis, in semi-provocative poses.
- In some of these videos, the female is naked and submerged in a bathtub with foam covering her breasts.
- All in all, still or moving images which may be sexually titillating are depicted in gameplay, but do not contain actual nudity.
Violence & Gore
- Combat is initiated during certain story points, or when the main character randomly encounters hooligans while exploring streets.
- The player can switch between 3 fighting styles, and individually upgrade skills and stats in each of these disciplines.
- During combat, Kazuma will fight enemies either unarmed or using a variety of weapons (knives, swords, clubs, etc.) and firearms.
- Objects found on the streets, such as bicycles, traffic cones, advertising banners and signage, can also be picked up and used to attack enemies.
- Powerful and more violent attacks can be executed as the player fills up a power meter with combo attacks.
- The depiction of violence in the game is frequent and realistic.
- Characters splatter blood when attacked, which stains surrounding surfaces briefly before fading out.
- Some cinematic scenes also depict blood and violence, such as characters being shot in the head; a man having one of his fingers cut off by a razor; and a scene of torture where a man is strung up, and cut and impaled with razors and sharp metal picks.
- Overall, the realistic violence depicted in the game, such as killing, maiming and/or causing serious injury to humanoid characters is featured, but is itself not sadistic, cruel and/or abhorrent.
- Fuck is said.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A side quest has you getting drunk and passing out at a bar.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- 'Ryu Ga Gotoku Kiwami' is an open-world action game set in the fictitious Kamurocho district of Tokyo. The main protagonist, Kiryu Kazuma, attempts to track down Yumi, his love interest who has gone missing, and uncover how she is linked to a cache of stolen Yakuza money.
- Played from a third-person perspective, the player has to complete a variety of main missions to progress the storyline.
- As the story develops, cinematic scenes are unlocked to deliver the narrative.
- Optional side-quests and mini-games can be undertaken to allow the player to earn extra cash and experience points to level up.
- The player will explore various streets and locales looking for specific people or locations, in order to commence these missions.