Black Panther (2018)
Even though he wasn't part of the final project, Snipes has said that he supports the film and Chadwick Boseman's interpretation "1,000 percent".
- The Golden Tribe (the royal family) uses a motif of black, and a continental symbol for the sun found throughout Africa. They also have panther-themed designs.
- The Border Tribe was inspired by Lesotho architecture/language (the Border Tribe symbol is the Lesotho word for "horsemen"), and uses a motif of blue (a national Lesotho color) and wood. They have rhino-themed weapons (attack rhinos, shields and horn-shaped blades). They frequently wear Basotho blankets (the Basotho are the major southern African tribe living in Lesotho).
- The River Tribe was inspired by the Surma and Mursi tribes of Ethiopia (Nilotic peoples who hail from the River Nile), and uses a motif of shells and green. They wear crocodile skins and leather.
- The Mining Tribe was inspired by the Himba and Maasai tribes of the southern African regions, and uses a motif of red and orange. They wear lion-themed designs.
- the Merchant Tribe was inspired by the Tuareg tribe of the Sahara (nomadic Islamic-influenced tribes), and uses a motif of purple.
- The Jabari Tribe was inspired by the Bari, Igbo and Dogon tribes of the western African regions (shamanistic naturalist tribes). They wear fur and wood to honor their sacred animal the gorilla.
However, in the original Marvel comics Earth-616 continuity, Dr. Myron Mclain created Captain America's shield using a mixture of Vibranium, steel, and an unknown catalyst that was inadvertently included when Mclain fell asleep while working. Upon waking, he discovered the mixture's remarkable strength & properties & named it "Proto-Adamantium". Desperate to recreate the same "accidental" alloy for the U.S. Army to help win World War II, his next attempt resulted in the creation of "True Adamantium" (which is nearly as strong as PA) and was the metal that was bonded to Wolverine's skeleton in the Weapon X program.
This is the third major superhero film to employ nanite displays, after X-Men (2000) and Man of Steel (2013).
Additionally, the color blue, commonly used in Western/Eurpoean culture, is used to represent the outsiders or out-of-place elements in Wakanda:
- The alien metal Wakanda has a blue glow.
- Klaue, Ross and Killmonger - foreigners to Wakanda - all wear blue clothes at some point in the film.
- W'Kabi and the Border Tribe have a blue uniform. W'Kabi turns against T'Challa and leads his tribe against him.
- MBaku's lair is set in the mountains, amidst a blue sky. MBaku starts out a rival of T'Challa, but later becomes his ally.
- Shuri's laboratory features blue displays. She stands out as being an engineering genius.
- When Ramonda goes to the Jabari for asylum, she wears a blue cloth.