Becky Botsford is an average fifth-grader who, when duty calls, is transformed into WordGirl. WordGirl flies to the rescue when there is trouble in The City, and this super heroine uses vocabulary to defeat outlaws. With the help of her monkey sidekick, Captain Huggy Face, WordGirl spends each episode defeating a quirky cast of misfit bad guys.
Did You Know?
Many of the following villains have a certain weapon that are related to their identities:
- Dr. Two-Brains uses a wide array of ray guns, of which are often cheese based and mouse based.
- Granny May's main arsenal includes two knitting needles that shoot yarn, smelly perfume and blindingly bright purse mints.
- Mr. Big wields mind control through his products.
- The Butcher can summon different types of meat and also shoot it through the palms of his hands, plus he has a giant pork chop that he wears and wields like a battle axe.
- Chuck the Evil Sandwich-Making Guy's primary weapon consists of a modified ray gun which sprays an array of sandwich condiments that include ketchup, mustard, pickle relish, mayonnaise, olive oil, ranch dressing, honey butter, horse radish, etc.
- The Whammer creates shock waves that can blast anyone back by pounding his fists together.
- Nocan the Contrarian wields a long sword.
- Victoria Best uses a recorder to mesmerize people.