The "Most Anticipated Indian Movies and Shows" widget tracks the real-time popularity of relevant pages on IMDb, and displays those that are currently generating the highest number of pageviews on IMDb.
Each title is ranked according to its share of pageviews among the items displayed. Pageviews for each item are divided by the aggregate number of pageviews generated by the items displayed.
A woman investigates the mystery of what happened on a certain Sunday if her life that she has lost all recollection of. Sehar's world is turned upside-down when she gets a clue about the missing Sunday of her life, which points to a possible violent attack on her. Then A.C.P Rajveer takes up the mantle to sort out the complicated and jumbled up threads of Sehar's life. Rajveer tries to be an honest cop and his honesty contributes to encouraging a total ban on any criminal activity by the locals. In the process of solving Sehar's case it comes to light that on Sunday, different people interacted with Sehar and amongst them, one could be the accused. To name some, the lot includes 'Ballu,' the taxi driver and his friend Kumar, a struggling NSD actor, Ritu her close friend, a scary and suspicious character who resides in Sehar's society, and the group whom she had come across while partying at the discotheque.Written by
Sunday : A confused thriller with good comedy sequences
Sunday : In a straight review Sunday is not what you expect after seeing the promising promos. It's a mixture of thriller and comedy sequences. Whereas the comedy sequences are highly enjoyable, there is no thrill in the suspense and murder mystery element of the script. The film is said to be a remake of a HIT Telugu film ANUKOKUNDA OKA ROJU . The Telugu original must be more enjoyable fare as it was a big hit but the Hindi version lacks the right punch needed for a blockbuster. In fact director Rohit Shetty seems confused in whether to make a comedy film or a fast paced thriller. Many plots and characters are deliberately inserted, which are clearly spotted by a average film-goer too. For instance :
1. Ajay Devgan's character of a ice cream eating cop is the most unimpressive one. He just plays the role and doesn't seem to be interested in the movie at all.
2. The murder mystery has no surprise element in it as some unknown character just enters the climax as the main culprit.
3. The most disappointing thing is that Irfan Khan, an actor of endless capabilities has got no definite role and he is just included in the movie to add to its project value. He has no involvement in the script and is just wasted as a comedy character. However it is his own brilliance that he again comes up as the best thing in the movie with his excellent comic timing.
4. Even Arshad Warsi, is not given the mileage he needed and he is also just another character in the script.
5. The action sequences on the actual locations of Chandni Chowk, Delhi and the item number of "Esha Deol" are clearly added as the last moment insertions. The director could have easily avoided them.
6. Ayesha Takia working as Cartoon Dubbing artist is given unwanted footage. She just acts in the movie as a routine work.
The script surely has a new concept, but is not handled in a promising manner. Music is also below average.. The only enjoyable moments in the movie are the scenes with Arshad Warsi & Irfan Khan. They both are highly entertaining together and the viewer keeps waiting for them to come on screen again. In all, Sunday is certainly not a good thriller movie but can only be seen once for the comedy by the talented pair Arshad Warsi & Irfan Khan.
7 of 15 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this