With Jen in the hospital, the gang tries not to be too sad about it. Dawson helps Jen make a video for her infant daughter, asking her to never stop loving and dreaming. Jen also asks Joey as her last wish to end the chasing and running and to settle down. Jack tells Jen that she's his soul mate and asks to raise baby Amy for her. Jen finally passes away and while mourning the death of their close friend, the gang has to move on. Doug tells Jack he's willing to spend his life with him and wants to help raise Amy. Joey breaks up with Chris over the phone while she tries to decide whom she will choose: Dawson or Pacey. After Jen's funeral, Pacey suddenly tells Joey that she's "off the hook". Pacey explains to Joey that despite his endless love for her, he can't hold her back any more. Since both Joey and Pacey had troubled and painful childhoods and adolescence's (Joey with her mother's death from cancer and her father's imprisonment for drug trafficking, and Pacey with his outrageously...
Did You Know?
filmed a scene in the final episode, visiting Jen at the hospital and then talking to Pacey at the hospital canteen. This, however, was cut from the episode but is included on the DVD. See more
When Grandma wakes up in the hospital room and looks at Jen, she checks her pulse using her thumb. As a former nurse, she would know a thumb has a pulse, so whatever she is checking would appear to have a pulse. See more
I'm just saying thank you. You reminded me of what I'm capable of feeling. It's like I was... walking around seeing my life through a smudged window, and then I saw you and the smudges were gone. The window was clean
The very final two-part episode 'All Good Things'....'Must Come to and End' was trimmed for length and has a number of scenes never aired but which are show in the DVD of the series finale. Some of the scenes deleted or edited include:
- A office workplace in New York with Joey at her job working as an editor and being told by a co-worker to go to Capeside rather than to an upstate lake with her current boyfriend Chris. Joey goes home were Chris is packing, and she asks him how cold it's going to be at the cabin. He goes to take a shower, and Joey finds an engagement ring in Chris' desk drawer. She then runs off to Capeside without saying anything to Chris.
- A scene with at Potter's B&B where Joey confides in Jen, Bessie and Grams Ryan about the engagement ring she found.
- A scene at Pacey's restaurant, The Ice House, where he talks with his brother Doug about his unwillingness to commit with Jack.
- A scene with Dawson talking to Lilly about finding one's true soul mate.
- A number of scenes at Gail's wedding which include Gail talking with Dawson who's working on his laptop computer about shutting himself off with work rather than mingle with the guests. Followed by an extended scene of Pacey talking with Joey about remembering the time they took dance lessons to Jack talking with Doug about commitment to each other.
- Plus, there is one scene with Andie McPhee (Meredith Monroe) talking to Pacey in the hospital cafeteria where she tells him about her career as a resident doctor and they discuss more issues about the dying Jen and about their past relationship.
- Episode migrate
References Schindler's List
by Beth Nielsen Chapman See more