The Believer (2001)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 15 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong violence, language and some sexual content|
Sex & Nudity
- A man talks to a reporter in a cafe stereotyping how jewish women always give oral sex and how jews act more passionate sexually.
- One scene of implied consensual, but violent sex (bruises seen afterward). No nudity.
- Two scenes of sex with partial female nudity. Breasts fully shown in one, partially shown in the other.
- One brief display of pornographic material in the background. Full frontal female nudity.
- One brief scene of a man urinating. Full frontal view of him, but genitals obscured by clothing and his hands.
Violence & Gore
- Despite the MPAA descriptor of "strong violence", there is very little onscreen violence, and what's there isn't graphic.
- Large amounts of blood shown in one fight scene.
- One recurring scene of the implied murder of a child, though never visible by the viewer.
- Guns present or used in several scenes, one in which a man is shot in the leg.
- R-rated profanity used occasionally throughout.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Nothing obvious or highlighted.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Intense themes of violence, premeditated murder, Neo-Nazi activities, racism, and extreme antisemitism.
- Detailed, gruesome descriptions of holocaust events.
- Desecration of a Jewish synagogue, including vandalism, graffiti, urination, and mutilation of a Torah.
Violence & Gore
- Two attempts to bomb crowded Jewish synagogues, both of which are completely unsuccesful.