Amores Perros (2000)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 12 items
|MPAA||Rated R for violence/gore, language and sexuality|
Sex & Nudity
- At least two slightly graphic sex scenes with moaning and thrusting, though little nudity shown. Breasts visible in one. Man's butt also visible. In another scene the sounds of sex are clearly heard through a wall, though nothing shown.
- Other tidbits: A man lifts up a woman's skirt while holding her close to him. A man & a woman make out in front of a baby. It is suggested that a man touches a woman's vagina in the bed.
Violence & Gore
- There is a very intense car chase during which there is a wounded dog in the back seat. The dogs bloody wound can be seen clearly. It is disturbing.
- A man is shot in the chest.
- Another is stabbed in the stomach. This is shown in its entirety and is disturbing.
- A very violent car crash. The crash is shown multiple times. A woman can be seen pressed up against the window of her car she is screaming and many of her appendages are visibly broken. Later the aftermath is shown with great detail. A man is drug from the car, he has a broken leg and there is blood everywhere. He is screaming. The passenger is dead. His face is totally covered in blood. The woman is pulled from her car as well. This is very disgusting/disturbing.
- Throughout the film there are many dog fights. The fights themselves are intense and very violent, but the aftermath is the worst. Many dead dogs are shown. One with a "snapped neck", and others missing large patches of skin all are bloody and disturbing. . A person is beaten with a rod in the bath.
- A woman falls in her house. The aftermath is shown and her arm is badly broken and swings around as her husband tries to picks her up.
- Lots, all in the Spanish tongue, including 'fuck', 'motherfucker,' and the like. Not all of it is translated, though.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Many characters frequently smoke and drink. It is also inferred that a few of the younger characters smoke marijuana.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The scenes of dogs fighting are intense and may upset animal lovers.
- The car crash is very intense.