The show revolves around life on a cul-de-sac, focusing on three friends who have nearly identical names: Ed, Edd, and Eddy. Ed is the strongest of the three and the least intelligent, Edd is the smartest and the most socially accepted among others in the cul-de-sac, and Eddy is the de-facto leader of the group and is the meanest of the group. Throughout the show, the trio create numerous scams in order to make money to earn jawbreakers. They also have to deal with numerous misadventures, such as being ostracized from other kids in the cul-de-sac, as well as avoiding the Kanker sisters, who live in a nearby trailer and whom the Eds and the cul-de-sac as a whole despise.
Don't be an Ed-iot.
See more »
Did You Know?
Rolf's nationality is never specified, but he is based on a mix of various European stereotypes. See more
After the episode "Dim Lit Ed" there is a tribute to Shawn "Winfred" Godwin (1979-2001). See more
Most of the characters were renamed in the show's Hungarian version.
- Sarah became Sári (an informal nickname for the Hungarian version of Sarah, Sára)
- Jimmy became Jaki (a nickname for Jacob)
- Kevin became Sapi (Cappy), though he was accidentally called Kevin in one episode
- Nazz became Szöszi (Blondie)
- Rolf became Rudi (for Rudolf)
- Johnny 2x4 became Köbjani (Johnny Cubed)
- the Kanker sisters became Dinnye lányok (Melon girls):
- Lee became Görög (Greek, görögdinnye meaning watermelon)
- May became Sárga (Yellow, sárgadinnye meaning canary melon)
- Marie became Méz (Honey, mézdinnye meaning honeydew melon)
- Edd's middle name Marion was changed to Jácint (Hyacinth)
- Eddy's middle name Skipper was changed to Szaniszló (Stanislaus)
The jawbreaker candy, which is mostly unknown in the country, was renamed to "cukigumi" ("sweetie gummy"). See more