Ghosts (I) (1997)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 7 items
Sex & Nudity
- There are no sexual scenes in the film.
Violence & Gore
- There are scenes with skeletons. (The skeletons do not show any gore, and there is no blood, flesh, organs, etc. visible at any point in the film.)
- Upon entering the manor, one villager says "oh damn!" in fear. The word "freak" is used several times as an insult.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- There are no drugs or alcohol in the film.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Maestro (Michael Jackson) tries throughout the film to scare the villagers, which includes calling up a family of scary ghosts, turning himself into a skeleton, possessing and transforming the mayor into a disfigured, twisted ghoul, pulling his face into bizarre formations, smashing his hands and face into the floor (which then shatter as if stone), becoming part of the wall, morphing into a hideous 'super ghoul,' scaring the villagers in a skeleton costume, controlling what we assume is magic, ripping his face off to reveal a skull and eyeballs, and shutting the doors on the villagers repeatedly.
- The ghouls and ghosts in the movie are a little unnerving; there is a scene with close-ups of their faces, showing the detail of their demonic costumes.
- Throughout the film, there are flashing lights, thunder, and lightning.