Hollywood Shuffle (1987)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 7 items
Sex & Nudity
- No nudity. In one scene, played tongue-in-cheek, a fully dressed couple are melodramatically preparing to have sex on a desk top. The scene is not overtly sexual. In one skit a group of prostitutes are standing about trying to look provocative. The scene is meant as a spoof.
Violence & Gore
- There is nothing frightening or gory in the movie. In a number of scenes people are wielding or firing guns, always for comedic effect. There is a scene where a private investigator is roughed up by a group of men dressed in women's skirts.
- There are 41 uses of shit and 14 of fuck (none sexually used). Most of these occur in two or three skits, and are spoken offhandedly rather than in anger.
- There are around 10 uses of racial slurs, some of which are seen on picket signs.
- The only profanity is the occasional use of "damn" such as one would hear on network TV.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- There is no drug use in the movie. There are a few scenes including the end credits where characters are holding drinks, including one portrayal of a wino.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- In the context of tongue-in-cheek comedy, there is nothing intense or frightening. I suppose a small child who cannot distinguish the comedy may be alarmed on occasion.