The day after a huge party a scavenger hunt is held. Every college-age kid in town is out for the grand prize. One-by-one they are all dispatched by a killer in a giant bear suit. But who is it?
Greg Duryea <email@example.com>
They all went in, but only a few got out!
See more »
Did You Know?
This film was shot in 1982 under the title The Scaremaker. It didn't see a release until 1984 when distributors picked it up and re-named it Girls Nite Out to play up the lurid angle for marketing. See more
The "tombstones" used in the cemetery scene are obviously Styrofoam props. They have no text engravings and lack the polished appearance of an authentic monument. See more
The UK version is known as The Scaremaker. Even though the film isn't full of gore, it is cut by 16 seconds. Some of the cuts are:
- Benson's stabbing is cut, you see him stabbed once before dieing.
- The murder of Jane, in the squash court. It shows the bear attack, then cuts to her all bloody, none seen coming out a wound.
- Doesn't focus on Jane's body hung up in the shower's.
- Trish's death in the Summer House is cut, not as much blood is seen. and
- The ending where the killer stabs Teddy, who is trying to help Dawn, it is not seen, so it is left unclear what has happened.
References The Dukes of Hazzard
Summer In The City
Performed by The Lovin' Spoonful
Written by John Sebastian
, Steve Boone
and Mark Sebastian See more