Deadly Hero (1975)
Parents GuideAdd to guide (Coming Soon)
Sex & Nudity
- Stage dancers are scantly dressed, pornographic magazines are displayed in a ticket booth, Rabbit ties Sally up in what may be considered a form of bondage game, a prostitute is shown being arrested in the police station that Sally goes to after being rescued by Lacy.
Violence & Gore
- Lacy shoots Rabbit, (his bloody body is shown on the hallway floor). Other officers break down the apartment house door when arriving as backup. While driving Sally home the next day, Lacy tells her a horror story about how another cop was "hacked to pieces and his body parts were spread all over the city in garbage bags", a bartender tells Sally how Lacy saved her waitress's life from a knife-armed "flippo" by "blowing (shooting) the guy away". Sally is forced to stab Lacy in self-defense with her cello's spike just as Lacy was about to bury her alive in a pet graveyard (blood is shown on Lacy's body).
- Much uses of "f...", "s....", "a..." G.....", racial slurs (by Lacy) in anger over his version of the incident being questioned by his superiors and over being suspended and forced to turn in his badge and gun pending a possible grand jury indictment.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Some drinking and smoking in bars and in a police station locker room by Lacy and other officers. Lacy steals wine from Sally's apartment after shooting Rabbit. A brief reference to Valium by Jones' character in a word play on the movie "How Green Was My Valley".
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Rabbit's abduction of Sally, Lacy's anger at being suspended by his superior pending grand jury review. This movie is typical 1970s exploitation fare of a corrupt violent cop and his anger over potential loss of his job at 40 and fear of imprisonment as an unarmed man's murderer. Sally's being threatened, stalked and abducted by Lacy.