- Artistic director and general director of the Mariinsky Theatre Opera and Ballet Company in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
- Principal conductor of the London Symphony Orchestra.
- Principal guest conductor of the Metropolitan Opera.
- Artistic director of the White Nights Festival in Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Acclaimed recordings of Russian classical music: "The Rite of Spring" and "The Nutcracker".
- (July 2003 - August 2003) He was the conductor for the ballet, "Le Corsaire," "Swan Lake," "Chopiniana," "Les Noces," "Scheherezade," "La Bayadere," "Contrasts," "Serenade," "The Rite of Spring," and "Etudes," in The Kirov Ballet production at the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden, London, England with Andrian Fadeyev, Faroukh Ruzimatov, Igor Kolb, Diana Vishneva, Daniil Korsuntsev, Svetlana Zakharova, and Igor Zelensky in the cast. Makhar Vaziev was director.