Mario Lopez (I) - News Poster

News

Sam Bobrick, ‘Saved by the Bell’ Creator, Dies at 87

  • The Wrap
Sam Bobrick, creator of NBC comedy series “Saved by the Bell” and writer for several classics TV shows of the 1960s, died Friday at the age of 87 after suffering a stroke.

His daughter, Stefanie Bobrick, shared the news of his death in a Facebook post.

“Our dearly beloved Sam Bobrick, extraordinary playwright, husband, father, grandfather, pug father, brother, uncle, friend, mentor, and all around outstanding person passed away peacefully today, October 11, 2019, surrounded by family and friends,” she wrote. “He was as hilarious as he was kind and will be missed by all who knew him.”

Also Read: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Says He Has Not Been Approached for Peacock's 'Saved by the Bell' Reboot

Earlier that day, she shared another post alerting family and friends that her father “had a massive stroke from which he will not recover.”

“He is not in any pain and someone is with him at all times.
See full article at The Wrap »

Sam Bobrick Dies: ‘Saved By The Bell’ Creator Was 87

  • Deadline
Sam Bobrick, the creator of NBC’s Saved By The Bell whose writing career stretched back to Captain Kangaroo, The Flintstones, classic episodes of The Andy Griffith Show and included the Broadway play Norman, Is That You?, died Friday, Oct. 11, at Northridge Hospital Medical Center in Los Angeles following a stroke. He was 87.

His death was announced by his daughter Stephanie Bobrick in a Facebook post. “Our dearly beloved Sam Bobrick, extraordinary playwright, husband, father, grandfather, pug father, brother, uncle, friend, mentor, and all around outstanding person passed away peacefully today, October 11, 2019, surrounded by family and friends. He was as hilarious as he was kind and will be missed by all who knew him.”

In a remembrance on the Medium website, Bobrick’s friend, producer and actor Adam Carl, wrote that Bobrick recently suffered a massive stroke.

Bobrick’s death comes less than a month after NBCUniversal’s Peacock streaming
See full article at Deadline »

Sam Bobrick, Saved by the Bell Creator, Dead at 87

Sam Bobrick, the creator of Saved by the Bell, has died.

He was 87.

Per The Hollywood Reporter, Bobrick passed away on Friday at Northridge Hospital Medical Center, after suffering a stroke.

His friend, Adam Carl, was the one who broke the news to the outlet.

While best known for creating Saved by the Bell, Bobrick also worked on a string of other hit TV series during his time in the industry.

He worked on shows including The Flintstones, Gomer Pyle: Usmc, Get Smart, Hey, Landlord, Good Morning, World, and Bewitched.

Bobrick also wrote four comedies that played on Broadway.

He was nominated for an Emmy award in 1968 with the likes of Lorenzo Music, Mason Williams, and others for their work The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour.

His expansive career also extended to playwrighting, in which he wrote or co-wrote over 40 during his career.

He left writing for the TV behind in
See full article at TVfanatic »

Why Didn't Anybody Tell the Saved By the Bell Cast About the Reboot?

Turns out the Saved By the Bell reboot is one of the best-kept secrets in Hollywood. Not only was its existence kept from Mark-Paul Gosselaar, whose Zack Morris plays a role in the plot of the reboot, but Tiffani Thiessen was also blissfully unaware of the new series set to star her former costars Mario Lopez and Elizabeth Berkley. Thiessen said she heard about it the same way everybody else (including Gosselaar) did, via news reports. Somebody give Kelly Kapowski a call! "I guess I'm not shocked because I feel like everybody's doing a reboot, everybody's rebooting every show, every movie, it's all being redone" Thiessen told PopCulture.com. "I guess I'm not shocked about it, I guess...
See full article at E! Online »

Shaquille O’Neal is Raising Funds for Boys & Girls Club of America

Shaquille O'Neal has teamed up with the Boys & Girls Clubs of America for a sweepstakes opportunity for one lucky fan to play Horse.

The sweepstakes gives you the chance to kick it with Shaq, playing an epic game of one-on-one at his favorite place to play, The Boys & Girls Club of America. Entry is limited to the U.S. only and closes on October 29th, 2019.

The winner and a friend will receive:

One-on-one game with Shaquille O’Neal at the Boys & Girls Club in Atlanta, Ga.

Enjoy a Papa John’s Pizza with Shaquille O’Neal

Photo with Shaquille O’Neal

Set visit to NBA on TNT

Roundtrip flight and hotel for 2 people

Boys & Girls Club of America is committed to enabling all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.

“The Boys & Girls Club was instrumental in my
See full article at Look to the Stars »

‘Access Hollywood’ Ups Sibley Scoles To Weekend Co-Host

  • Deadline
‘Access Hollywood’ Ups Sibley Scoles To Weekend Co-Host
Eight months after joining Access Hollywood as a correspondent, Sibley Scoles has been promoted to weekend co-host.

The nationally syndicated celeb-news program announced Monday that Scoles will join Scott Evans as co-anchor of Access Hollywood Weekend.

“Since joining ‘Access’ full time in February, Sibley had become an integral part of the team – alongside Mario Lopez, Kit Hoover and Scott Evans – covering the biggest events in Hollywood,” Maureen FitzPatrick, senior executive producer of Access, said in a statement Monday. “Whether reporting from a red carpet, a feature film set or the ‘Access’ stage, Sibley is able to engage viewers with her enthusiasm, humor and positive energy. We are thrilled to have her anchor our weekend show with Scott.”

NBCUniversal’s Access Hollywood has undergone a series of changes in recent months. Previous host Natalie Morales exited the show in April. She was replaced by entertainment veteran Mario Lopez in July.

The
See full article at Deadline »

With The Sequel Set, ‘Saved By The Bell’ Stars Look Back

Mario Lopez, Elizabeth Berkley, and Mark Paul Gosselaar were just kids when they made Saved by the Bell — after all, it did premiere 30 years ago! Now, Lopez and Berkley have been confirmed as the stars of an updated Saved by the Bell series picked up by NBC’s new streaming service, Peacock. And there’s [...]

The post With The Sequel Set, ‘Saved By The Bell’ Stars Look Back appeared first on Hollywood Outbreak.
See full article at Hollywood Outbreak »

Fox & “Big Ass Fans” Losing Battle With L.A. Heat & Humidity On Emmy Red Carpet – Update

  • Deadline
Updated, Sunday 3:20 Pm: We finally got a look at those “Big Ass” fans — they aren’t floor industrial fans that could inconveniently blow your hair out-of-style, rather hanging ceiling fans along the initial long sprawl of this year’s Emmy ‘purple’ carpet. At a very thick 93 degrees outside, it’s still sweltering. Luckily there’s champagne and Fiji Water around.

In earlier years, networks have tried to set up an AC-system on the tented red carpet, but it didn’t work. Still we’ve had worse with 2015 clocking triple digits and that was without “Big Ass” fans on the red carpet. No reports of TV hosts changing their tuxedo shirts yet.

Fans in the stands were armed with…fans. Fox is spoiling guests with a touch-up station and with tchotchkes in the media HQ i.e. eye glass cloths, chapstick, facial spray, mints, etc. The entrance way to the
See full article at Deadline »

‘WWE 205 Live’ Review (Sept 17th 2019)

  • Nerdly
Welcome to this week’s 205 Live review, right here on Nerdly. I’m Nathan Favel and we’ve got more action from the cruiser-weights. Vaping will make you a dead geek and frogs like jelly beans. Okay, let’s see if Mario Lopez has what it takes to beat Zooey Deschanel in a “corn on the cob” throwing contest.

Match #1: Lince Dorado def. Ariya Daivari The following is courtesy of wwe.com:

Despite a losing effort in the Triple Threat Match against Humberto Carrillo and WWE Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak at WWE Clash of Champions, Lince Dorado made amends with his Lucha House Party brothers, Kalisto and Gran Metalik, and turned his attention to the very Superstar that tried to break them up, Ariya Daivari. Daivari still claimed that Dorado would be Cruiserweight Champion if he had listened to him. However, The Golden Lynx didn’t have the patience
See full article at Nerdly »

Saved by the Bell Revival: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Among Cast Members Not Asked Back

If you were hoping for more original Saved by the Bell actors to return for the forthcoming revival, then we have some bad news:

Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Tiffani Thiessen were not asked to return.

NBC stunned the world with the announcement of the revival on Tuesday, with both Mario Lopez and Elizabeth Berkley reprising their roles from the 1989-93 comedy series.

Many fans were immediately confused by the lack of clarity on whether some of the other cast members could sign up to appear ahead of production.

But Gosselaar admitted in an interview with Variety that he was never approached, and more concerning, it seems he had no idea the show was even near to a series order.

“Honestly, I was never approached,” Gosselaar, who played Zack, told the outlet. “I woke up to the news this morning with a ‘huh’ kind of response.”

For his part, Gosselaar is attached
See full article at TVfanatic »

Saved By The Bell And Punky Brewster Reboots Headed To NBC’s Peacock Streaming Service

NBCUniversal has been revealing some big news lately with the announcement that they will be launching their very own streaming service which will be called Peacock. In addition to the news that fan-favorite NBC series “Friends”, “The Office” and “Parks and Recreation” being offered on the new streaming service, they have also revealed that they will be rebooting some NBC classics as well. NBCUniversal revealed that they will be rebooting “Saved By The Bell” which will feature original cast members Mario Lopez and Elizabeth Berkley and “Punky Brewster” which actress Soleil Moon Frye has already signed on to play an adult version of her former childhood character. The Peacock service is set to launch in April of 2020 and will also include a reboot of “Battlestar Galactica” that will be executive produced by “Mr. Robot’s” Sam Esmail. It is said these reboots will be part of the 15,000 hours of content
See full article at Age of the Nerd »

I'm So Excited! Mario Lopez and Elizabeth Berkley Returning For Saved by the Bell Revival

  • Popsugar
Not only is NBC joining the flux of cable networks launching their own streaming sites, but it's also reviving several iconic sitcoms, including Saved by the Bell. The comedy originally ran for four seasons from 1989 to 1993 and starred the familiar faces of Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Mario Lopez, Dustin Diamond, Tiffani-Amber Thiessen, Elizabeth Berkley, and Lark Voorhies as high school students navigating everything from dating to drugs.

The sequel series - which NBC Universal's streaming service, Peacock, has ordered straight-to-series - already has Lopez and Berkley signed on to return and will be headed by 30 Rock writer and Great News series creator Tracey Wigfield. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the series will explore the aftermath of California Governor Zack Morris (Gosselaar) closing too many low-income high schools and proposing the affected students be sent to the highest-performing schools in the state, including Bayside High. The influx of new students gives the
See full article at Popsugar »

Bye-Bye, Li'l Sebastian! Parks and Recreation Is Leaving Netflix

  • BuzzSugar
Netflix is losing another licensed series to the flux of cable networks launching their own streaming sites. Parks and Recreation will be moving from all current streamers - which includes Netflix - and will exclusively be available on NBC's forthcoming streaming service, Peacock. The Amy Poehler-led comedy ran for seven seasons from 2009 to 2015 and boasted one of the best ensemble casts in TV history.

With the jump from current streamers to Peacock, Parks and Rec will join several other NBC classics, including The Office, 30 Rock, and Brooklyn Nine-Nine. The series will also be joined by films from Universal Pictures, Focus Features, and DreamWorks Animation, and original shows like the Saved by the Bell sequel series, starring original cast members Mario Lopez and Elizabeth Berkley. It's a big power move as NBC works to recollect all of its programmings to house under its own streamer.

Parks and Rec
See full article at BuzzSugar »

Bye, Li'l Sebastian! Parks and Recreation Is Leaving Netflix

  • Popsugar
Netflix is losing another licensed series to the flux of cable networks launching their own streaming sites. Parks and Recreation will be moving from all current streamers - which includes Netflix - and will exclusively be available on NBC's forthcoming streaming service, Peacock. The Amy Poehler-led comedy ran for seven seasons from 2009 to 2015 and boasted one of the best ensemble casts in TV history.

With the jump from current streamers to Peacock, Parks and Rec will join several other NBC classics, including The Office, 30 Rock, and Brooklyn Nine-Nine. The series will also be joined by films from Universal Pictures, Focus Features, and DreamWorks Animation, and original shows like the Saved by the Bell sequel series, starring original cast members Mario Lopez and Elizabeth Berkley. It's a big power move as NBC works to recollect all of its programmings to house under its own streamer.

Parks and Rec
See full article at Popsugar »

Saved by the Bell Revival Has Not Approached 'Governor' Mark-Paul Gosselaar or Tiffani Thiessen

There is a very good reason why neither Zack nor Kelly are a part of the upcoming Saved by the Bell revival: their portrayers have not (yet?) been asked.

NBC Universal on Tuesday announced that their newly named streaming service, Peacock, will host a follow-up series to Saved by the Bell. Both Mario Lopez and Elizabeth Berkley are set to reprise their roles as Slater and Jesse, but there was no mention of any other attached original cast — even though the once-irrepressible Zack Morris apparently will serving as the governor of California (!) in the new series.

More from TVLinePsych Movie
See full article at TVLine.com »

Mark-Paul Gosselaar Says He Has Not Been Approached for Peacock’s ‘Saved by the Bell’ Reboot

  • The Wrap
Mark-Paul Gosselaar Says He Has Not Been Approached for Peacock’s ‘Saved by the Bell’ Reboot
Despite the logline for the “Saved by the Bell” reboot coming to Peacock — NBCUniversal’s newly-named streaming service — revealing that Zack Morris is now the governor of California, nobody told Mark-Paul Gosselaar.

“I have not been approached,” Gosselaar told “Access Hollywood” Tuesday night during an event for ABC’s “Mixed-ish,” on which Gosselaar stars. But that doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be against stepping back into Morris now-political shoes. “I’ve always said that I would love to do some form of it, but . . . they’ve approached two [Mario and Elizabeth] and not some.”

Original cast members Mario Lopez and Elizabeth Berkley are slated to reprise their roles as A.C. Slater and Jessie Spano. The “Saved by the Bell” reboot was announced Tuesday morning as part of Peacock, which will launch next April, extensive slate of original programming, which includes reboots of “Battlestar Galactica,” from “Mr. Robot” creator Sam Esmail, and “Punky Brewster.
See full article at The Wrap »

Mark-Paul Gosselaar Says He Didn't Get the Invite for Saved By the Bell Revival

Mark-Paul Gosselaar didn't get the memo about that Saved By the Bell revival. The actor, who is set to lead Mixed-ish this fall, says he wasn't invited to appear on the recently announced sequel series starring Mario Lopez and Elizabeth Berkley, Variety reports.

"I read it in the trades just like

...

Read More >

Other Links From TVGuide.com Saved By The BellMark-Paul GosselaarMario LopezElizabeth Berkley
See full article at TVGuide - Breaking News »

Mark-Paul Gosselaar Says He ‘Was Never Approached’ for ‘Saved by the Bell’ Revival

  • Variety
The Bayside gang is reuniting, but Zack Morris isn’t invited — for the time being, at least.

Mark-Paul Gosselaar, who played the good-looking yet incorrigible Zack in NBC’s beloved “Saved by the Bell” series, said he was never approached to take part in the show’s forthcoming TV sequel, which will reprise roles from Mario Lopez and and Elizabeth Berkley.

“I read it in the trades just like everybody else this morning,” Gosselaar told Variety on the “Mixed-ish” premiere red carpet Monday night. “Honestly, I was never approached. I woke up to the news this morning with a kind of ‘huh’ response.”

Although he said he would definitely consider reprising the lovable character, he does understand why NBC never reached out. Gosselaar now stars in “Mixed-ish” on ABC, which poses competition against NBCUniversal’s newly named streaming service Peacock.

“I’m on ABC, so it doesn’t really fit into that considering Disney Plus,
See full article at Variety »

‘Saved by the Bell’ Sequel to Air on NBCUniversal’s Streaming Platform

A Saved by the Bell sequel series will premiere on NBCUniversal’s forthcoming streaming platform, Peacock. Mario Lopez and Elizabeth Berkley will reprise their roles as A.C. Slater and Jessie Spano, respectively, from the original high school sitcom that ran on NBC from 1989 to 1993, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Tracey Wigfield, the creator of the NBC sitcom Great News, will helm the sequel as showrunner and executive producer along with original series creator Peter Engel and writer Franco Bario. (Lopez and Berkley are also credited as producers.) Peacock is
See full article at Rolling Stone »

TV Business Roundup: Peacock Unfurls and WarnerMedia Spends, Yep, Big for ‘Big Bang’

  • Indiewire
Today in streaming news: NBCUniversal announced the name and initial content slate for its upcoming streaming service, and WarnerMedia reportedly shelled out at least several hundred million dollars to secure the exclusive streaming rights to “The Big Bang Theory” on HBO Max. Bazinga!

But first, the NBCUniversal streaming service. Its name is Peacock, and the ad-supported platform’s launch projects include a reboot of the sci-fi classic “Battlestar Galactica,” which will be executive produced by Sam Esmail (“Mr. Robot”). Not much is known about the series, but Deadline reported that Esmail is major fan of “Battlestar Galactica” and was eager to work on a project in the franchise as part of the four-year deal he signed with NBCU earlier in the year.

As for Peacock itself, pricing, distribution, and a specific release date are still under wraps. That said, NBCU teased a handful of other original shows that will air
See full article at Indiewire »
An error has occured. Please try again.

See also

Credited With |  External Sites


Recently Viewed