Year 1919by Uwontlikemyopinion | created - 22 Dec 2015 | updated - 27 May 2016 | Public
- Instant Watch Options
- Movies or TV
- IMDb Rating
- In Theaters
- On TV
- Release Year
1. J'accuse! (1919)
Not Rated | 166 min | Drama, Horror, War
The story of two men, one married, the other the lover of the other's wife, who meet in the trenches of the First World War, and how their tale becomes a microcosm for the horrors of war.
2. Leonard Maltin: 3.5 of 4 stars: (French); Vividly filmed classic, one of the earliest cinematic indictments of war.
2. Endurance (1919)
TV-G | 88 min | Documentary, Adventure, History
The story of the 1914-1916 Antarctic exploration mission of Sir Ernest Shackleton. The ship sails south, breaking the ice, and ultimately getting trapped by the fast-changing weather. The ... See full summary »
6. Leonard Maltin: 3.5 of 4 Stars: Nothing can compare to this original, straightforward account--with startlingly clear footage that looks as if it was shot this morning.
3. When the Clouds Roll by (1919)
85 min | Action, Comedy, Romance
Psychiatrist Dr. Ulrich Metz attempts to drive Daniel Brown to suicide.
7. Leonard Maltin: 3.5 of 4 stars: Douglas Fairbanks film
4. Male and Female (1919)
Not Rated | 116 min | Adventure, Drama
Lady Mary Lasenby is a spoiled maiden who always gets her way until shipwrecked with her butler, then learns which qualities are really admirable in a person.
10. Leonard Maltin: 3.5 of 4 stars: Cecil B. DeMille film.
5. Blind Husbands (1919)
Not Rated | 99 min | Drama, Romance
An Austrian officer sets out to seduce a neglected young wife.
16. Leonard Maltin: 3 of 4 Stars: Erich von Stroheim film. Arresting visuals and perverse psychological details.
6. Broken Blossoms (1919)
Not Rated | 90 min | Drama, Romance
A frail waif, abused by her brutal boxer father in London's seedy Limehouse District, is befriended by a sensitive Chinese immigrant with tragic consequences.
17. Leonard Maltin: 3 of 4 Stars: One of Griffith's more modest, and more successful, films.
7. The Oyster Princess (1919)
Not Rated | 58 min | Comedy
An American heiress seeks the hand of an impoverished German prince.
19. Leonard Maltin: 3 of 4 Stars: Ernst Lubitsch film. Delightfully nonsensical farce
8. The Spiders - Episode 1: The Golden Sea (1919)
Not Rated | 130 min | Adventure, Western
Kay Hoog finds a message that indicates that some Incas are still alive, but the secret organisation "Die Spinnen" wants the Incas' gold....
20. Leonard Maltin: 3 of 4 Stars: Fritz Lang Film. An exciting curio
9. True Heart Susie (1919)
Not Rated | 87 min | Comedy, Drama, Romance
Susie, a plain young country girl, secretly loves a neighbor boy, William. She believes in him and sacrifices much of her own happiness to promote his own ambitions, all without his ... See full summary »
21. Leonard Maltin: 3 of 4 Stars: D.W. Griffith/Lillian Gish film. One of Griffith's most charmingly old-fashioned films, made with a warm innocence and purity of style that is truly refreshing.
10. Victory (1919)
Not Rated | 62 min | Drama, Romance
Axel Heyst, an uncommitted wanderer, has settled on an island in the South Seas. He takes pity on a troubled young woman, Lena, and gives her refuge on her island. But the piratical Mr. ... See full summary »
25. Leonard Maltin: 3 of 4 stars: Intriguing . . . Chaney is well cast as a sniveling villain.
11. The Doll (1919)
Not Rated | 48 min | Comedy, Fantasy
Because the Baron of Chanterelle wants to preserve his family line, he forces his timid nephew Lancelot to choose one of the village maidens to wed. Lancelot flees to a monastery to escape ... See full summary »
27. Leonard Maltin: 3 of 4 Stars: Ernst Lubitsch film.
12. Different from the Others (1919)
Not Rated | 50 min | Crime, Drama, History
Two male musicians fall in love, but blackmail and scandal makes the affair take a tragic turn.
29. Leonard Maltin: 2.5 of 4 Stars: (German) Landmark melodrama features an early depiction of an openly gay character . . . Preachy at times but fascinating as social history. Only 50 minutes long or less [most prints burned by Nazis].
13. The Busher (1919)
Not Rated | 63 min | Drama, Sport
A young baseball pitcher in the bush leagues is discovered by a big-league manager and given his chance in the major leagues. But will he be up to the challenge?
30. Leonard Maltin: 3 of 4 Stars: Engaging comedy-drama . . . Of special note are the idyllic country scenes featuring Ray and Moore.
14. The Wicked Darling (1919)
59 min | Drama, Crime
A slum girl is forced to steal for a living. After she swipes a rich society's matron's necklace, she hides out at the home of a man who turns out to be the socialite's former fiance.
32. Leonard Maltin: 3 of 4 Stars: Chaney and Dean offer vivid performances in this atmospheric melodrama-morality tale.
15. Daddy-Long-Legs (1919)
Unrated | 85 min | Comedy, Drama
An orphan discovers that she has an anonymous benefactor who is willing to pay her college tuition, unaware he's the same man who has been romantically pursuing her.
34. Leonard Maltin: 3 of 4 Stars
16. A Romance of Happy Valley (1919)
Not Rated | 76 min | Drama, Romance
John Logan leaves his parents and sweetheart in bucolic Happy Valley to make his fortune in the city. Those he left behind become miserable and beleaguered in his absence, but after several... See full summary »
43. Leonard Maltin: 2.5 of 4 Stars: Only 60 minutes and D.W. Griffith/Lillian Gish Film. Preachy but sincerely told piece of rural Americana.
17. Amarilly of Clothes-Line Alley (1918)
Unrated | 67 min | Comedy, Romance
Amarilly comes from a large family in a working-class neighborhood. She is happy with her family and her boyfriend Terry, a bartender in a cafe. But one day she meets Gordon, a sculptor who... See full summary »
49. Leonard Maltin: 2.5 of 4 Stars: Solid (albeit by-the-numbers)
18. Eerie Tales (1919)
112 min | Fantasy, Horror, Mystery
A demon, a reaper, and the ghost of a prostitute read gothic short stories and act them out.
50. Leonard Maltin: 2.5 of 4 Stars: Strange, decidedly not for all tastes, but worth a look, particularly if you're an Edgar Allan Poe fan.
19. Back to God's Country (1919)
Unrated | 73 min | Adventure, Romance
A woman finds herself all alone in a remote harbor with the man responsible for the murder of her father. With seemingly nobody around to protect her, she has to be resourceful.
53. Leonard Maltin: 2.5 of 4 Stars: Atmospheric melodrama offers a pointed story of female and canine empowerment, but it's told in broad strokes, with ludicrous plot coincidences.
20. Heart o' the Hills (1919)
87 min | Drama, Romance
Family tensions in the Kentucky hills are inflamed by an outsider's dishonest scheme to exploit the area for its coal.
54. Leonard Maltin: 2.5 of 4 Stars: Picturesque but overly familiar yarn.
21. The Girl Who Stayed at Home (1919)
Passed | 60 min | Drama, War
When Ralph Grey visits France with his father, a shipbuilder, he falls in love with Blossom, the granddaughter of his father's friend, a Civil war veteran not reconciled with the Union. ... See full summary »
55. Leonard Maltin: 2.5 of 4 Stars: D.W. Griffith film