- three uses of the song "(Yo Ho, Yo Ho) A Pirate's Life for Me" by Xavier Atencio and George Bruns in the opening scene (sung by young Elizabeth), when Jack and Elizabeth are marooned on the island, and in the end by Jack.
- The jail scenes, in which the prisoners try to tempt the dog who holds the key to their cell. Jack says, "That dog is never going to move" - although the movie dog eventually does, the one in the ride doesn't. Jack later tries to tempt it with a bone, as does one of the audio-animatronic pirates in the ride.
- The "burning town" sequence, and within it, the redheaded prostitute (who slaps Jack), and the "stuffed pirate" drinking the rum spurting out of a barrel
- Jack's initial discovery of Gibbs sleeping with the pigs
- The line "Dead men tell no tales", said by the macaw, which is repeated throughout the ride's narration
- A quick shot of a skeleton sprawled on the beach of the Isla de Muerta, with a crab nearby
- During the raid on the town, seen is a man being dunked into a well.
- A skeletal Barbossa drinks wine, which trickles through his exposed ribcage, as one of the skeletal pirates do.
- During the battle scene between the two ships, Black Pearl and the Interceptor Captain Barbossa refers to his crew as "bloomin cockroaches" just like the captain in the ride does when his ship attacks a local town fort.
- In Tortuga, we see a pirate drinking rum on top of two barrels and is wobbling just like in the ride.
- There are references to cursed treasure in the ride: old pirates speak of cursed treasure and how you probably don't believe in it, and the line "Who knows when that evil curse will strike the greedy beholders of this bewitched treasure."
- The woman wearing a red dress at Tortuga island that slaps Jack and he wonders if he deserved it is a character in the ride.
"Worry about your own fortunes, gentlemen. The deepest circle of Hell is reserved for betrayers and mutineers."
This is a reference to Dante's Inferno, in which sinners guilty of treachery are consigned to the ninth, final and deepest circle of Hell.